Friday, January 28, 2011

Time Sure Flies

The last time I blogged we were still in Houston, TX. Well we are not longer in Houston or the United States. Things got very very busy after my last post and I lost track of time as well as my mind. We packed out on Dec 17th and left Houston on Dec 22nd. We spent a week in Mobile visiting family for Christmas.

Michael and the kids Christmas Morning


We then traveled to Athens, GA where we spent 3 weeks with family. It was not supposed to be 3 weeks but due to issues at the visa office it took an extra two weeks to get my visa. I'm always the trouble maker I swear. Here is a pick from that visit...

Maya and Anthony

While in Ga we celebrated Anthony's 4th birthday. Time flies by and you feel like you have missed so much. I am so proud to call Bug my baby. He is rotten to the core but I love him so much. Here is Anthony on his birthday....

We officially became ExPats on January 21st when we landed in Mumbai at 1AM. Since we landed it has been quite the journey. I am learning new things every day. I have had my ups and my downs since being here but I have to admit I absolutely LOVE it here. Everyday driving to my daughters school is an adventure. We have to travel through "the slums" and you see people brushing their teeth by the road, babies playing in the dirt piles by the road, and millions of cars. But you see the faces of people who are humble and who are the nicest you have ever met. When we drive through I have this sense of happiness and joy go through me even though I'm looking at people who are not nearly as well off as myself and I truly feel bad for them. You know what's amazing is that they do not feel sorry for themselves, they believe that if you have money, items, and such you were a good person in your past life and it was granted on you for that. The people here have not been rude to me, have not given me nasty looks, have not said one negative thing to me...and I have to admit I do not miss being in the US where people are rude, negative, and most are rotten. Do not get me wrong there are good people in the US, but it's so different here. I know I am a foreigner and I have not met every person here, but I love it here still and I love the people.
Anthony is getting restless so we should probably find something to do for 2 hours until we venture out into all that is Mumbai. Here are a few pics before I go...

A view from my chair at the pool

Don't ask me who knows...

Mike and the Kids




According to my best friend I ACTUALLY look happy. I was!

Mike and the kids again

Doing what he does best...He deserves to relax!

~ExpatWife

1 comment:

  1. You look VERY happy and I'm so glad this is starting off so well for you. I was worried about you and even though I miss our phone chats(like ALOT!) I know you're happy and experiencing something awesome. Your life and outlook on it will change immensely from this experience =) I love you!!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

I'm a mom of two beautiful children and I'm married to my best friend...we've been married 10 years but we've been together 11.5. We are currently an Expat family living in Mumbai, India.

Followers